Aim: The aim of this course is to enable the student to understand fundamental Fire Engineering Principles. It will give you the basic principles and underlying concepts you need to carry out a Fire Engineered solution. It will also go through fundamental mathematical principles that Fire Engineers should have. Who is the course aimed at? The course is aimed for all those in the industry who wish to have a greater understanding of Fire Engineering to level 4 and 5 Content: The course covers the following:
- Basic principles of Fire Engineering
- History of Fire Engineering
- What is Fire Engineering?
- The role of the Fire Engineer
- Determining fire size
- Design approaches available
- The advantages and disadvantages of Fire Engineered solutions
- Are some Fire Engineered solutions flawed?
- Main factors to consider with Fire Engineered solutions
- What is a probablistic analysis?
- Dimensional analysis
- Computational fluid dynamics – What it is and how it is applied
- Fire modelling
- How to carry out and document a full fire strategy
- The cone calorimeter
- Bernoullis theorem and how it is applied to solve fluid flow calculations
- Fires in compartments
- Time to flashover
- Water pressure and flow calculations for sprinkler systems
.Testimonial “I just wanted to tell you that the course I am doing at the moment Principles of Fire Engineering is absolutely amazing. It is so informative yet comes across in an easy to understand manner. I would urge other fire professionals out there to take a look and invest in the training. It is very inexpensive compared to how much you will learn from the course. When I have completed this I will be booking on the Smoke Protection module. I have also looked at the basic course and even though I have worked in the fire industry for 17 plus years and have vast amount of experience I do feel that I can learn from the basic courses, as your knowledge is fantastic and you put so much practical advice in the courses. At present I am working in London with a lot of management agents who work in different types of accommodation and I am always asked which course they should get the staff to attend. You can rest assured that I will be giving them your website details and promoting your courses. Thank you so very much for providing a course so in depth yet so very affordable.” Tracey Carr Health and Safety Consultant Duration 55 Hours IFE Approved CPD Cost £695 plus VAT (£834 inc VAT)
All content is subject to copyright © copyright Fire Risk Consultancy Limited 2014
Any unauthorised broadcasting, public performance, copying or re-recording will constitute an infringement of copyright