This course will look at the inherent risks that hazardous substances pose and gives advice on dealing with them.
The course covers the following:
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- What is COSHH?
- What is a hazardous substance?
- Where can we find hazardous substances in the workplace?
- Ill health from hazardous substances
- Controlling the risks associated with hazardous substances
- Assessing the risks
- COSHH Regulations 2002
- HSE enforcement
- The Classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) Regulations
- Approved code of practice
- Employers responsibilities
- Employees responsibilities
- Hazardous substances and ill health
- Common health hazards
- Cause of illnesses
- Main conditions
- Common irritants
- Routes of entry
- Hazardous workplaces
- Effects of hazardous substances to health
- Chronic exposure
- Acute exposure
- Identifying hazardous substances
- Chemical labelling
- Categories of hazards
- Safety data sheets
- The DSEAR regulations 2002
1.5 Hours CPD
£20 plus VAT