This presentation has been adapted from an article that was produced by Paul Grimwood. In this he takes a look at smoke control design from over the years and how their affects are present today.
The course covers the following:
- Understanding pressure differentials in high-rise fires
- Why did the fire turn right and not left?
- Guidance documents
- Regulatory smoke control design
- Fire (Smoke-proof) Towers
- NYC Life safety Code
- Questions posed
- Current European and UK Design Standards
- The NIST research
- Recommended total pressure differential requirements from various international standards
- Safer buildings in future
0.5 Hours CPD